Saturday, 25 March 2017

A pause on my thoughts

We are fast approaching the end of our current four year County Council administration and I have to say those years have just whistled by so quickly.

I can honestly say it has been very busy and eventful over the last four years. There have been major changes and events both locally and nationally and the organisation has responded well to all that has come its way. However the one constant thing that doesn’t change is our need to do the best for you, our residents and your communities as your County Council. We’ve faced financial challenges and have had to take some difficult decisions. And to be realistic, this is something the new County Council will need to continue to do after the elections.

Throughout the last four years I have tried to make time to write my blog, helping to keep everyone informed. I would like to thank everyone for their interest and for reading the blog.

The County Council election will be held on Thursday 4 May – I would encourage as many people as possible to make sure they vote and have their say. It’s not too late to register to vote – you can find out more on our website.

We enter into our ‘purdah’ period from next week, so I will not be blogging during that time but am looking forward to the election and to meeting residents during the next few weeks.

I would like to thank you all for your ongoing interest in reading my blog and for the comments you send in.

Best wishes,
Louise

No comments:

Post a Comment